Sunday, March 2, 2008

Something On My Mind

It's been a good weekend, filled with a ton of fun and friends. The whole weekend, and really this last week though I have been having a reoccurring theme or thought.

Find in yourself those things that you love, and give yourself to them. Dive into your passions and don't look back.

This is greatest risk you will ever take, but without taking it there is no way to truly live.


For me this is Cassie first and foremost. (I really love this picture) She is the driving force behind most of what I do. It is both my right and my privilege to protect and care for her, and I find so much joy in doing those things. Followed by my family and friends(some of which I am growing to think of as family). It is also my work, both job and art.

I wish I would have taken this attitude earlier. I lived for too long in fear of what others would think of a boy who loved art. I wished I would have learned how to sew when I was younger, and given all of myself to learning all medias that I wanted to. I will never know what richness that would have brought to my life.

So, it's been decided I'm going to ask my Grandma to teach me to sew...

1 comment:

Cassie Doodle said...

I'm so in love with you :)
thank you for always taking care of your dainty lil flower.