Saturday, July 26, 2008

In respone to the previous blog

I think I have something a little in my gut that I feel I need to say.

After looking past my disgust for the art wold, and the bane emptiness that i see in it I have really done some self examining.

I really took a long hard look at why I'm an artist, and it has taken me to some places within myself that I have since started to work on. I'm trying to purge myself of all the create for attetion, fame, or fourtune that I let myself fall into. I am working myself back to a place this is both romantic and honest.

I need to create because it's my only way to make sense of the world around me, not to gain the affection of others. The ever fleeing feeling of importance that comes along with a great image has really become the focus of my creation, and i'm working on that.

I think artist need to be more true to themselves then any other people, and without complete honesty the artist's work becomes lesser. Like your favort local band signing to a label and changing their sound, or that kid in middle school that hated cheerleaders until one liked him.

Artist who are untrue lose respect in themselves, and in their work. Our generation simply can't afford that to happen...

No comments: